You are here
IAMRA 11th International Conference on Medical Regulation
From 9-12 September, the GMC is hosting the International Association of Medical Regulatory Authorities (IAMRA) conference in London.
The theme of the conference is 'Medical Regulation - Evaluating risk and reducing harm to patients’ and more than 350 regulators, academics and health officials from around the world are expected to attend to share ideas and foster best practice in medical regulation.
To take advantage of our discounted early registration rates, make sure you register by 18 July.
The conference will focus on the key functions of medical regulation, and confirmed conference speakers include:
- Prof Malcolm Sparrow, Harvard University;
- Robert Francis QC, Chairman, Mid Staffordshire NHS Foundation Trust Public Inquiry and President of the Patients Association;
- Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve, Chair, UK Equalities and Human Rights Commission;
- Sir Ranulph Fiennes, explorer, fundraiser, and author;
- Dr Marie Bismark, The University of Melbourne;
- Prof Frank Montgomery, President of the German Medical Association;
- Prof Jon Thomas, Chair, Federation of State Medical Boards; and
- Prof Sir Peter Rubin, Chair of the UK General Medical Council.
A call for abstracts has also been launched and submissions are invited to be considered for workshops, oral and poster presentations at the conference. The closing date for abstract submission is Friday 25 April. Please visit the Call for Abstracts section on the conference website for more information.
In addition, the conference also includes a varied social programme, which features a visit to the GMC in Manchester as well as a visit to visit to the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) on Monday 8 September. Visit the IAMRA 2014 website for more details.